Recording voice overs in Room 309
Download the PDF below
- Get the key for Room 309 from TRC
- Log in to computer at far end of the room
- Launch Ableton Live
- Check that the first audio track (not midi) has a number 1 in the input box – situated just to the right and slightly below the box labelled audio 3
- Put on the white headphones
- Put Ableton into record using the record controls at the top of the screen
- Speak into microphone – you should see a waveform appearing in the timeline.
- Export track from the file menu
- Save it and you should then be able to import it into Ableton in room 106
- After importing the file make sure that warping is turned off.
Try to get a good performance i.e you need to sound like you believe in your product so keep it enthusiastic and don’t record any pages turning.