Web usability is about making your website in such a way that your site users can find what they’re looking for quickly and efficiently without it confusing them. A usable website can reap huge benefits on to your website and your business if it is easy to navigate and use.
Internet users have gradually become used to particular layouts for example:
- The logo is in the top-left corner and links to the homepage
- ‘Shopping basket’ is used for items you want to purchase
- The term ‘About us’ is used for organisation information
- Menu navigation bar is in the same place on each page
- Anything flashing or placed above the top logo is often an advertisement
There are endless amounts of ways to improve website usability. It is all about keeping the user’s attention on the page without them getting frustrated and leaving the page.