In this session I will walk you through the editing of a commercial for the fictitious Chameleon Catering – I have included the files that we will work with along with tutorial movies which should serve as a refresher in a zip file located at the bottom of this page. It is highly recommended that you repeat the exercise at least once outside of session time in order that you can really familiarise yourself with the editing facilities in Ableton Live.
As mentioned this zip file contains all of the files and tutorial movies necessary to demonstrate to you how to edit soundfiles in Ableton Live and by completing this tutorial you will learn:
- how to use looping to help extend a music track that is too short to be the desired length.
- How to identify different musical phrases in order to make a logical arrangement.
- How to edit a voiceover script to remove unnecessary content without fundamentally altering the message that you wish to convey.
- How to insert sound effects
- How to use the tools that Ableton provide to make a mix.
download the files here: abletonAdvertEdit